- RN license
- Bachelor's degree (in nursing or another area) with at least a 3.0 GPA
Applicants for the MSN program must submit the following application materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions:
- Online Graduate application and a non-refundable application fee.
- Official transcript(s) from all colleges and universities previously attended.
Essay: Please describe (in approximately 500 words) your reason(s) for choosing SHU, why you are choosing to be a Nurse Practitioner, future goals, and background and experiences that have prepared you for the program.
- Two letters of recommendation
- Current resume
- Copy of current RN license
- Successful interview (by invitation only) with the Admissions Committee.
Please send all application materials to:
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions
Sacred Heart University
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Official transcripts must be mailed, but you may email or fax recommendations, resume, your essay, and RN license.
Admission to the MSN program is competitive and is available for the fall term only.