What does this degree prepare me for?
This is not a degree program but students may use the six credits earned as credit towards the Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) degree. The certificate prepares awardees for a position as a nursing supervisor in home health care consistent with the requirements of the State of CT for this position as held by a person without an earned BSN.
Courses are offered online. The certificate is awarded after the completion of two courses.
- NU250 Leadership and Management (3 CR) or NU355 Leadership in Contemporary Nursing Practice (3 CR)
- NU382 Management of Home Health Care Agencies (3 CR)
- Students must apply for the certificate program and enroll as a Special Student at Sacred Heart University
- There will be a $15 fee for processing the application
- Students must take the course for credit, which may later be applied to the RN to BSN degree
Department of Nursing