Marlene Beck, DNP
Director, MSN Program; Clinical Assistant Professor
Degrees and Certifications
- DNP, Case Western Reserve University, 2010
- MSN, Sacred Heart University, 1999
- BSN, Western Connecticut State University, 1979
- Nursing Education
- Nursing Leadership
Research Interests & Grants
- Incivility in Nursing Education and in the Workplace
- Retention and Remediation
- Professionalism and Mentoring
- Curriculum Development and Evaluation
Publications and Presentations
- Perception of Incivility: Differences between Students and Faculty in Nursing Programs, Doctoral dissertation, Case Western Reserve University, Cleveland, Ohio (2010)
- Program Evaluation: Management Core Curriculum. Master’s thesis, Sacred Heart University (1999)
- Incivility in the Workplace. June 2011 – Connecticut Chapter of the National Association of Hispanic Nurses.
- Yale New Haven Health – October 2009, 2010 – Author’s Day.
- Incivility in Nursing Education. June 2009. Drexel University Nurse Educator Conference, Washington, DC.
- Incivility in Nursing Education. June 2011. Connecticut League of Nursing – poster presentation.