Joslin Leasca, DNP, APRN-FNP
Family Nurse Practitioner – CEO Leasca Health Associates, Kent Hospital, Warwick, Rhode Island, 1999 to 2006, South County Walk In and Primary Care Narragansett, RI, 2006 –currently
Community College of Rhode Island 1996-2012, Maryville University 2012 to 2013 – Family Nurse Practitioner Program
Degrees and Certifications
- RN – St. Joseph Hospital’s School of Nursing 1979
- BSN State University of New York, Albany 1996
- MSN, FNP University of Rhode Island, 1999
- DNP University of Rhode Island, 2012 – Inaugural graduate
- Family Nurse Practitioner
- Meaningful Use of Electronic Health Records
- Patient Centered Medical Home
- Consensus Model for Advanced Practice Nursing
Specialty or Specialist Certification/Training:
- Advanced Pharmcotherapy
Research Interests & Grants
- Improvement in work milieu of Advanced Practice Nurses via removal of regulatory scope of practice restrictions: primary author and lobbyist for Consensus Model legislation in Rhode Island – passed 2013. Implementation phase, ongoing research.
- Meaningful use of patient data stored in electronic health records by primary care providers: primary author of grant application for clinic appointment as a Patient Centered Medical Home: granted, July 2013.
- Changes in clinic environment and staff/patient satisfaction scores before/after appointment as Patient Centered Medical Home: ongoing research since 2011.
- Critical Social Theory and transformative knowledge.
Honors, Awards & Fellowship
- Sigma Theta Tau Academic Appointee: 1999
- American Academy of Nurse Practitioners State Excellence Award: 2005
- Rhode Island State Nurse’s Association Excellence Award: 2007
- Rhode Island Quality Partners: Excellence Award in Family Practice: 2012