Student Learning Outcomes
- Apply informatics theories, methods and tools related to personal health, healthcare and public health to analyze a problem and identify and define the requirements appropriate to its solution
- Utilize the knowledge, skills, and concepts of health information technology using evidence-based practice methodologies
- Work collaboratively across disciplines to define, discuss, and resolve health problems using a technology based solution from the individual to the population level.
- Articulate the ways in which data, information, and knowledge are used to solve health problems from the individual to the population level.
- Describe key legal, regulatory, and ethical issues related to the utilization of health information technology
- Acquire the skills necessary to contribute to a strategic and tactical approach in utilizing health information systems to improve healthcare quality