Ann-Marie Saranich, MSN
Clinical Assistant Professor
Ann Marie has 23 years of experience in various fields of nursing that include acute care for post-surgical cardiac patients, long term care, legal nurse consulting and nursing education. Prior to joining Sacred Heart University, she was the Director of Professional Development & Education at Griffin Hospital where she was instrumental in establishing a shared governance model of professional practice.
Degrees and Certifications
She is currently enrolled in the Doctoral Program in Educational Leadership at the University of Hartford. She received her Bachelor’s degree in Nursing from Southern Connecticut State University and her MSN in Patient Care Services Administration from Sacred Heart University. Ann-Marie is certified in Nursing Professional Development by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Healthcare Industry and Policy
Research Interests & Grants
- Effects of stress on nurses
- Professional empowerment
- Implemented a grant-funded program that focused on the education of nursing staff regarding effective communication and teaching strategies to be used with patients when using electronic documentation.
Honors, Awards & Fellowship
- 2011- Griffin Hospital Shirley Yale Scholarship Award
- 2008 – Sacred Heart University College of Education & Health Professions Dean’s Leadership Award
- 2007 – Sigma Theta Tau (National Nursing Honor Society) Mu Delta Chapter, Sacred Heart University
- 1989 – Sigma Theta Tau (National Nursing Honor Society) Mu Beta Chapter, SCSU
- 1989 – Nursing Service Award, SCSU