Assessment of Kinematic Symmetry During Y-Balance Test
- Purpose: To determine the level of symmetry of lower extremity kinematics in a healthy cohort of active athletes that do not display YBT performance asymmetry. In other words, do healthy athletes demonstrate similar motor strategies when performing the YBT with their non-dominant and dominant legs?
- Investigators: Eric Scibek, Matthew Moran
Call for Participants: Recreational athletes, between the ages fo 18-30 years old, engaged in sport-related activity 3+ times per week. Contact Eric Scibek if interested in participating.
Immediate Effect of Textured Insoles on Running Biomechanics
- Purpose: To determine the immediate effects of a textured insole on foot strike pattern and forces during running as compared to a preferred non-textured insole.
- Investigators: Ann Knausenberger, Matthew Moran
- Call for participants: Healthy runners, between the ages of 18-50 years old, who have been running 10+ miles per week for the last 3 months. Additionally, the participant must wear a normal running shoe (10-12mm heel-toe differential) with a removable insole. The participant must be a rearfoot striker and have intact plantar sensation.
- Contact Ann Knausenberger if interested in participating.