Pre-requisites for the program include the completion of a Bachelor’s degree in a related clinical science such as Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Public Health, Applied Physiology, Athletic Training or Nutrition.Applicants with undergraduate degrees from alternate disciplines will be considered, however it is recommended to contact the Graduate Program Director, Dr. Beau Greer at firstname.lastname@example.org before applying.
Additionally, applicants will need to demonstrate undergraduate course work in the following courses, or their equivalent:
- Human Anatomy and Physiology I and II (with labs) 8cr
- Human Anatomy and Human/Mammalian Physiology as stand-alone courses
- Exercise Physiology 3-4cr
- Health/Exercise-specific Research Methods course or Statistics 3cr
- Preferred: Kinesiology 3-4cr
If applying with unrelated major, student must have taken an Exercise Prescription course or enroll in EX 362 Exercise Testing and Prescription during their first semester.