Candidates for the MS in Exercise Science & Nutrition will have an accredited bachelor’s degree in a related major such as Exercise Physiology, Exercise Science, Physical Education, Public Health, Psychology, Applied Physiology, Athletic Training or Nutrition.
Additionally, applicants will need to demonstrate successful undergraduate course work in the following courses (or their equivalent):
- Anatomy & Physiology I and II (with labs) 8CR
- Exercise Physiology 3 - 4 CR
- Nutrition 3 CR
- Kinesiology 3 - 4 CR
- Recommended: Statistics or Health/Exercise-specific Research Methods course 3 CR
If applying with unrelated major, student must have taken an Exercise Prescription course or enroll in EX 362 Exercise Testing and Prescription during their first semester.
Application requirements include:
- Bachelor of Arts or Science degree with a minimum 3.0 GPA from an accredited four-year college or university (Official Transcripts are required) Sacred Heart University students and alumni may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf.
- Completed online Graduate Application
- Non-refundable application fee
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- We request an essay related to exercise science, nutrition, public health, biology, or a related field that demonstrates your scientific writing skill. You may enter a research paper (or a portion of one) previously submitted for a class, or a formal lab report form a laboratory class.
- Current Resume
Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis once all required application materials have been received in the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Director of Graduate Admissions