Wendy Bjerke, Ph.D., PAPHS
Clinical Assoc. Prof /Dir. of Wellness Program
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Public Health - Epidemiology, Walden University
- M.S., Exercise Science, Southern Connecticut State University
- B.A., Exercise Physiology, University of California at Davis
- American College of Sports Medicine certification: Physical Activity in Public Health Specialist
Specialty or Specialist Certification/Training
- EX 101 - Health, Fitness and Recreation
- EX 250 - Exercise Physiology
- EX 365 - Clinical Exercise Science
- EX 411 - Professional Seminar
- EX 524 - Advanced Clinical Testing and Prescription II
- EX 560 - Thesis Preparation
- EX 561 - Thesis Completion
- HS 303 - Health Education and Healthy Lifestyles
Publications and Presentations
Bjerke, W., Standish, S. & Pastore, A. Infection Prevention Strategies in Cardiac Rehabilitation Programs. Presented at the American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation, October 2013.
Bjerke, W. A Comparison of Health and Fitness Courses in Higher Education Programs. Presented at the Comparative Effectiveness Research Conference, November 2012.
Bjerke, W. Approaches to Rehabilitation of Athletes. Presented at New England College of Sports Medicine, November 2012.