Matthew F. Moran, Ph.D.
Assoc. Professor/Dir. Undergrad Exercise Science
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Kinesiology (conc. Biomechanics), 2005 ,Pennsylvania State University
- M.S., Kinesiology (conc. Biomechanics), 2002, Pennsylvania State University
- B.S., 1998, Kinesiology College of William & Mary
- EX 260 - Kinesiology
- EX 270 - Neural Control of Human Movement
- EX 361 - Functional Gait Analysis
- EX 532 - Applied Biomechanics
- EX 534 - Coaching Methods
Research Interests & Grants
- University Research Creativity Grant, 2009-2010, Sacred Heart University
- Matching Dissertation Grant, 2005, International Society of Biomechanics
- Academic Computing Fellowship, 2002-2005, Pennsylvania State University
- Autistic Movement Disorders
- Running - Related Injury
- Large Scale Optimization of Training Data
Scholary & Creative Interests:
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- 2010, 2011 University Research and Creativity Grant Recipient
- 2008 USTFCCCA Regional Men's Assistant Track & Field Coach of the Year
- 2007, 2008 SUNYAC Conference Men's cross Country Coach of the Year
- 2007 USTFCCCA Regional Women's Outdoor Track & Field coach of the Year
Publications and Presentations
Moran MF, Foley JT, Parker ME, Weiss MJ (2013) Two-legged hopping in Autism Spectrum Disorders. Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience, 7(14), 1-8.
Moran MF, Greer BK (2013) Influence of "Midsole Actuators" on running economy in trained distance runners. Footwear Science, 5(2), 91-99.
Weis MJ, Moran MF, Parker ME, Foley JT (2013). Gait Analysis of Teenagers and Young Adults Diagnosed with Autism & Severe Verbal Communication Disorders. Frontiers in Integrative Neuroscience. 7(33), 1-10.
Smith, JW, Moran, MF, Foley JT (2013) Effect of GPS Feedback on Lactate Threshold Pacing in Intercollegiate Distance Runners. International Journal of Exercise Science, 6(1), 74-80.
Moran MF, Rickert B, Sullivan, A. 2012. Effect of Body Weight Support on Temperospatial Running Mechanics. In: 59th Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine. San Francisco, CA.
Moran MF, Foley JT, Parker ME, Weiss MJ. 2011. Two-legged hopping in Autism Spectrum Disorders. In: Gait & Clinical Movement Analysis Society Annual Conference. National Institutes of Health; Bethesda, MD.
Moran MF, DeFede MA, Weiss MJ, Foley JT, Parker ME. Kinematic Investigation of Throwing Patterns in Adolescents with Autism Spectrum Disorder. In: 58th Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine. Denver, CO.
Moran, MF, 2010. Computational Predictions of Running Performance Utilizing a Modified Training Impulse. In: 57th Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine.
Harrison, K. P.; Moran, M.F.; Hokansen, J.; Hendrick, J., 2010. Effect of Menstrual Cycle on Perceived Exertion and Running Economy During Treadmill Running. 57th Annual Meeting of the American College of Sports Medicine.