Theresa Miyashita, Ph.D.
Program Director/Assistant Professor
Primary Professional Service/Affiliation
- National Athletic Trainers’ Association
- National Academy of Sports Medicine
What is your favorite part of Athletic Training?
Now, my favorite part of athletic training is giving back to the profession through the education of future athletic trainers. I love teaching our students all the intricacies involved in athletic training and sharing my previous experiences with them.
What is your favorite part about teaching AT at SHU?
My favorite part of teaching at SHU is the students. We have an amazing group of intelligent, motivated, and committed students as part of our program. Having these qualities makes being around our students and working with them on a regular basis a true joy.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D.: Colorado State University, 2011
- MA: University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2005
- BS: Canisius College, 2003
- Certified Athletic Trainer
- Performance Enhancement Specialist
- Corrective Exercise Specialist
Specialty or Specialist Certification/Training:
- Upper/Lower Extremity Injury Evaluation
- Senior experience
Research Interests & Grants
- Athletes’ Knowledge
- Prevention Strategies