Twirlers at SHU are part of a very active performing arts family and they love to twirl! Being a majorette at SHU is split into two seasons. In the fall semester, twirlers are part of the marching band, which performs a field show for home football games, at a few local exhibitions, and a few parades. In the spring semester, twirlers will compete in USTA or NBTA competitions. Twirlers are required to compete in at least one state and one regional competition. Performance at Nationals is not required, but encouraged, nonetheless. An audition is required for admittance into the program.
The option is also available to perform as part of the Winter Guard for their competitive season instead of competing as a twirler at state and regional competitions, pending a successful audition with the guard staff. All twirlers are required to dance a dance & movement class each fall semester along with members of the color guard.
2017 - 2018 Performances
- All Home Football Games
- Monday, February 12, 2018: Half-time of Women's Basketball Game
- Thursday, February 15, 2018: Half-time of Men's Basketball Game
- Monday, February 26, 2018: Half-time of Women's Basketball Game
- May 12-13, 2018: NE Regionals -Holyoke, MA
- Emma - Regional Advanced College Solo - 1st place
- Emma/Sam - Regional & Open Senior Intermediate Duet - 1st place
- Twirl Team - Regional Advanced Small Senior - 2nd place
- Twirl Team - Open Advanced Small Senior - 2nd place
Assistant Director of Bands