What will I study?
Your coursework begins by building a strong foundation of programming skills. Then, you’ll learn all phases of the software lifecycle, from initial idea and design on through implementation, testing and maintenance.
Curriculum (24 credits)
- CS 111 Introduction to Structured Programming
- CS 112 Data Structures
- CS 113 Discrete Structures
- CS 215 Computer Systems Organization with Assembler
- CS 272 Object Oriented Programming with C# and Games
- CS 311 Database Design
- CS 312 Software Engineering
- One CS elective
Is a minor in computer science right for me?
Minoring in computer science is a great way to round out your education with highly sought after computer skills. However, we’ve noticed that math and business majors are most likely to add a CS minor.
When should I declare a minor?
By the end of your freshman year since it takes a minimum of 4 semesters to complete the required courses. Please talk with your advisor before declaring a minor.