What will I study?
Geared for the student interested in interface, multimedia and system design for business applications. You’ll begin with a foundation in programming languages, problem solving techniques, and computer ethics. Then you’ll move on to database design, systems analysis and designing interfaces using Flash, ActionScript and Dreamweaver.
Interesting classes you might take:
- Database Design
- Web Design
- Systems Design and Analysis
- Networking and Data Communications
What are my career options with a degree in Information Technology?
Here are just a few of the careers you may pursue with this degree:
- Cloud Architect
- Database Administrator
- Software Engineer
- Systems Analyst
- Web Developer
- Support services for the banking, business, finance, healthcare or insurance industry
What are the Student Learning Outcomes for an Information Technology Major?
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences about technical information.
- An ability to make informed judgments in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles
- An ability to function effectively on teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risk, and produce deliverables.
- An ability to identify and analyze user needs and to take them into account in the selection, integration, evaluation, and administration of computer-based systems.