What will I study?
Geared for the student with strong mathematical skills and an interest in programming or network security. You’ll begin with a foundation in programming languages, problem solving techniques, and computer ethics. Then you’ll move into advanced programming concepts using C, C# and UNIX, database design, networking and operating systems.
Interesting classes you might take:
- Advanced Programming Concepts Using “C”
- Database Design
- Object Oriented Programming with C# and Games
- Networking & Data Communications
- Hands-on Network Security
What are my career options with a Computer Science degree?
Here are just a few of the careers you may pursue with this degree:
- Software developer
- Quality Assurance Tester
- Network Security Officer
What are the Student Learning Outcomes for a Computer Science Major?
- An ability to analyze a problem, and identify and define the computing requirements appropriate to its solution
- An ability to design, implement, and evaluate a computer based solution to meet a given set of computing requirements in the context of the discipline.
- An ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences about technical information.
- An ability to make informed judgements in computing practice based on legal and ethical principles
- An ability to function effectively on teams to establish goals, plan tasks, meet deadlines, manage risk, and produce deliverables.
- An ability to apply theory in the design and implementation of computer-based solutions
- An ability to reason about and explain computer-based solutions at multiple levels of abstraction.