The database design graduate certificate will help prepare the IT professional for a career as a database specialist or aid the newcomer in obtaining a job in this field. It will also prepare someone for one of many other information systems careers in which knowledge of database concepts, the design and implementation of databases, and data warehousing are important. One of the courses available in this program will include project development using Visual.NET enabled databases or web-enabled databases.
The program requires the student to complete a minimum of twelve (12) semester credit hours of course work with a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0. Regular program prerequisites still apply (CS 500 & CS 501). Courses earned toward a multimedia certificate may be applied to the master's program.
Prerequisite Courses | 6 credits
- CS 500 Introduction to Structured Programming 3 CR
- CS 501 Introduction to Data Structures 3 CR
Required Courses | 12 credits
- CS 603* Advanced Database Design (Oracle) 3 CR
- CS 631 Data Warehousing 3 CR
- CS 632 Advanced Database Topics 3 CR
- CS 633 Advanced Database Programming 3 CR
*CS 603 will be a prerequisite for CS 631, CS 632 and CS 633