Martire Business & Communications Center
5401 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Personal Goals. Public Impact.
Allow your skills to shine with the cutting-edge training you need to succeed in corporate communications, public relations, and strategic multimedia production.
Earn your Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Public Relations
At Sacred Heart, we pair theory and practice in a master’s program that provides essential communications knowledge and exciting, hands-on experience. Through this program, you will:
- Gain the advanced skills needed to communicate effectively across a variety of media platforms
- Learn to plan, create and distribute multimedia content
- Acquire skills that will help you succeed in various segments of the media industry, including corporate communications, public relations, social media, advertising, broadcasting, entertainment television and film
- Develop a theoretical, historical and practical understanding of the fields of strategic communication, media studies and public relations
- Study the ethical and social responsibilities that come with being a professional communicator
- Develop the technical skills necessary to create and implement strategic communication campaigns, events and presentations
- Enhance your communication, time management, teamwork, problem solving, planning, organizing and leadership skills
- Complete an internship and capstone project
Focus your expertise by choosing from one of three concentrations.
- Corporate Communication and Public Relations: acquire a comprehensive background in public relations for agency and corporate settings
- Digital Multimedia Public Relations: develop the technical skills and creativity for content creation in the digital age
- Political Communication and Multimedia Production: combine media production with strategic communication to make a difference in political, social, and non-profit organizations
Complete your degree in as little as one year, while continuing to pursue your career.
- Program runs on an eight-week module calendar; students can enroll in fall or spring beginning fall 2018
- Classes are designed for working professionals and meet Monday-Thursday from 6:30 p.m. - 9:30 p.m.
- Full-time students take two courses per module: attend class two nights per week and graduate in one year
- Part-time students take one course per module: attend class one night per week and graduate in two years
Prepare for a variety of in-demand careers.
Graduates with a strategic communication and public relations degree are prepared for careers in:
Additional Program Benefits
- A MacBook Pro that is yours to keep upon graduation, plus a license to Adobe Creative Suite programs while enrolled in the program
- Course instructors who are respected scholars and media professionals
- Access to the state-of-the-art Martire Business and Communications Center with studios, multimedia computer labs, a recording studio and editing suites
- Connection through Sacred Heart’s existing relationships with more than 100 nonprofit organizations, businesses and media outlets
- Workshops and guest lecturers from leading public relations, media studies, communication studies, and strategic communication experts, as well as professionals in the field
- Entrance into a field (advertising, promotions, marketing management, and meeting/event planning) that is expected to grow faster than average through 2024
- Coursework guided by an Advisory Board comprised of communication professionals who ensure students graduate with the knowledge and skills needed to succeed in the industry
- Small class sizes, between 10-15 students, which allows for personalized attention and preparation for individual career paths
- Ideal location: just 60 minutes outside of New York City, in the heart of the creative corridor, providing outstanding local opportunities for career development in strategic communication and public relations
Make your mark. Apply for your Master of Arts in Strategic Communication and Public Relations today.