Each year during the weekend before the start of classes in the fall, incoming Sports Communication and Media students will participate in a series of production workshops, professional development presentations, and orientation sessions. Highlights of this two-day SCM production boot-camp include:
- Hands-on video production training
- Career advice from sports media industry insiders
- Digital editing workshops
- An introduction to the Macbook Pro and the included multimedia production software
- Networking opportunities with members of the SCM advisory board and other sports media professionals
This orientation/training weekend provides a solid foundation for all SCM students. It is an integral part of the Sports Communication and Media curriculum.