Martire Business & Communications Center
5401 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Discover a 21st Century Approach to Media Studies.
Take an active role in today’s always-connected media culture. Learn to analyze and create media in all forms, foster your creativity and social awareness, and use digital media to make a difference.
Earn Your Master of Arts in Media Literacy & Digital Culture
Digital media has the power to shape our understanding of the world – yet we have the power to command it.
Through this program, you will:
- Explore the relationship between media, culture and society
- Develop a critical understanding of content and changing technologies
- Understand production processes and industry practices
- Investigate the impact stories and images have on audiences
Concentrate your studies in Children, Health & Media, Media & Social Justice or Political Action & Media Production– and complete the program in as little as one year
- Children, Health and Media focuses on media impact on the minds, bodies and relationships of children, tweens and teens.
- Media and Social Justice explores the role of media in reinforcing or challenging power and inequality in social and institutional relationships.
- Political Action and Media Production is intended for people who want to use media to make a positive difference for social and political causes.
Put your coursework into practice during Capstone Experiences
Learn to plan, create and implement media literacy curricula, campaigns and initiatives for corporate, educational and nonprofit organizations.
Become a creative and socially aware professional communicator
Graduates are ready to make an impact as:
- Early childhood educators
- Primary and secondary educators
- Media specialists
- Social media managers
- Athletic coaches and trainers
- Health promotion educators and marketers
- Human and social service providers
- Community organizers
- Nonprofit managers
“This program helped me move forward in my career while expanding my understanding of the media environment my students are immersed in.” -- Kelly Balanca, sixth-grade teacher
Additional Program Benefits
- Hands-on curriculum provides ample opportunity to produce media literacy materials for a variety of audiences and organizations
- Blended courses and flexible scheduling for one-year (full-time) or two-year (part-time) plans of study
- Experienced faculty who are established media literacy scholars and professionals
- Enhanced learning through workshops, symposia, and publication and guest teaching opportunities.
- Professional portfolio development that demonstrates your skills as a 21st century communicator
- Professional relationships established through frequent interactions with Advisory Board members and capstone site supervisors
- Integrated Macbook Air program enables students to fully participate in the digital environment
Begin exploring a cutting edge approach to media studies. Apply foryour Master’s in Media Literacy & Digital Culture today.