Lori Bindig, Ph.D.
Lori Bindig, Ph.D. joined the School of Communication & Media Arts at Sacred Heart University in 2011. She earned her doctorate in Communication at the University of Massachusetts Amherst where she was awarded the title of University Fellow in 2004.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. in Communication, University of Massachusetts Amherst
- M.A. in Communication, University of Hartford
- B.F.A. in Musical Theatre, University of Hartford
- B.A. in American Studies, University of Hartford
- Advanced Graduate Certificate in Feminist Theory, UMASS
Dr. Bindig teaches undergraduate and graduate courses in public relations, corporate communication, and social media. These courses stress ethical practices and social responsibility, foster practitioner creativity across multiple media platforms, and encourage an awareness of the industry’s cultural impact.
Recent Courses Taught: Social Media, Media Ethics, Corporate Communication, The PR Agency in the Digital Age