Gregory J. Golda, M.Ed.
Professor Gregory J. Golda graduated from The Pennsylvania State University in 1998 with a Master's degree in Art Education. While initially studying theater design he was assigned as a teaching assistant to Penn States' Integrative Arts department. This media studies program was a perfect match and Golda quickly took up the field of study and was soon teaching his own classes. In order to better align his interests in media and arts he transferred into the Art Education program where he studied with noted art educators Brent and Marge Wilson and performance artist and museum studies educator Charles Garoian.
Golda's master's thesis project was the construction of an on-line learning platform for media studies and he's been designing ever since.
Beginning in 1999 Golda served as the multimedia productions coordinator at Sacred Heart University where he created numerous videos and public relations campaign materials. He also served as the media studio supervisor while designing classes and teaching many innovative courses.
His courses are all project based and engage students of all majors in the creation of media texts with multiple digital tools.
Prof. Golda is also the owner and designer of Construkt Media Studios, a multimedia production company specializing in audio and video production as well a graphic, web and theater design.
Degrees and Certifications
- M.Ed., The Pennsylvania State University, 1998
- Democratic Technologies
- Comics and Animation
- Multimedia Field Production
- TV Studio Production
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- Recipient of SHU's Joseph Grau Action for Justice Award in 2006 for his work with the SHU delegation to Mississippi to aid the survivors of Hurricane Katrina
- Two time finalist for the Marian Calabrese Outstanding Faculty Award
- Has won the Advisor of the Year Award three times for his work with the student TV and Radio Stations