Lisa Smith, Psy.D.
Dr. Smith is a clinical psychologist with extensive training and experience in health psychology. She completed post-doctoral clinical training at The Renfrew Center, treating women with eating disorders. In addition, she also worked in skilled nursing facilities assisting short term patients cope with various stressors arising during their recovery as well as long term patients cope with the aging process. Dr. Smith has previously taught at Touro College and Argosy University Online.
Degrees and Certifications
- Nova Southeastern University: Psy.D.
- Binghamton University, B.A.
- Introduction to Psychology
- Community Health Psychology
- First Year Seminar- Stress Management
- Theories of Counseling and Personality
Research Interests and Grants
- Health promotion and prevention (i.e., smoking cessation, substance use, weight management)
- Women’s health issues