Jessica Samuolis, Ph.D.
Dr. Samuolis joined Sacred Heart University in the Fall of 2011 as a full-time faculty member in the Psychology Department. Prior to joining the department she was a Research Scientist for a health promotion organization in New York where she worked on writing grants for federal funding to help develop and evaluate prevention programs for youth. Prior to that Dr. Samuolis completed a three-year postdoctoral fellowship in the School of Public Health at Columbia University.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. Fordham University - Applied Developmental Psychology
- M. A Fairfield University - Community Counseling
- B.A. Fairfield University - Psychology and Spanish
- Introduction to Psychology
- Advanced Psychological Research
- Program Development and Evaluation
- Foundations of Community Psychology
Research Interests & Grants
Dr. Samuolis' research interests include adolescent and young adult identity development, the prevention of adolescent substance abuse, and program development and evaluation.