Ono Ekeh, Ph.D.
Associate Professor/ Co-Leader Honors LLC
Dr. Ekeh joined the Sacred Heart faculty in 2011 after teaching for two years at The Catholic University of America. Dr. Ekeh’s interests include watching football, playing soccer, cooking, writing, listening to and playing music (bass guitar), and reading and watching both good and bad science fiction. He is also an amateur novelist with a no-longer-in print science fiction masterpiece (in his mind, at least) called Table of the Lord. Dr. Ekeh is a member of the Bridgeport/Sacred Heart University Emergence Reserve Corps.
Degrees and Certifications
- B.S. in Business Administration, with an emphasis in Economics, from Daemen College in Amherst, NY
- M.A. and Ph.D. in Systematic Theology from The Catholic University of America in Washington, D.C.
- Introduction to Theology
- The Search for Truth, Justice and the Common Good
- Faith and Science
- The Life and Writings of John Henry Newman
- Christian Anthropology
Research Interests and Grants
Dr. Ekeh’s theological interests are in John Henry Newman, 20th Century Roman Catholic theology, Theology of God/Trinity, Christian Anthropology, Eschatology, and the intersection of theology and science. Dr. Ekeh is currently working on a book-length project on John Henry Newman.
Publications and Presentations
- “The Phenomenological Context and Transcendentalism of John Henry Newman and Edmund Husserl,” Newman Studies Journal 5/1 (Spring 2008) 35-50
- “John Henry Newman and the Mystery of the Trinity,” Irish Theological Quarterly 74/2 (May 2009) 202-223
- “Newmans Cogito: John Henry Newman’s Phenomenological Meditations on First Philosophy,” The Heythrop Journal 52/1 (January, 2011) 90-103
- “Newman’s Account of Ambrose St. John’s Death,” Newman Studies Journal. Newman Studies Journal 8/2 (Fall 2011) 5-18
- “John Henry Newman on Mystery as a Hermeneutical Problem,” New Blackfriars Journal. (Forthcoming)
- “Journey and Solitude: Two Central Themes in the Spirituality of John Henry Newman,” The Downside Review (Forthcoming)