- Arabic 101/102: Introduction to Arabic**
- HI 236: History of the Arab World: from Muhammad to the Ottoman Empire*
- HI 238: History of the Modern Arab World (since the end of the Ottoman Empire)*
- PO 314: Middle Eastern Politics
- RS 215: Introduction to Islam (particular focus on study of Qur'an)
*At least ONE of the two History courses must betaken. If a student opts out of the second History course, then the student MUST complete a Capstone Independent Study upon consultation with the Program Director.
Selected Additional Courses
- RS 211: Ancient Cults and Religions (religions of ancient Egypt and Mesopotamia, Persia)
- RS 217: Introduction to Western Religious Traditions (Judaism, Islam and Christianity)
- RS 299: Introduction to Judaism
- PO 316: South Asian Politics
- AR 208: Introduction to Eastern Art
- __ 399: Capstone (Independent Study in specific discipline in Middle Eastern Studies)
**Arabic will be offered every other year. Students interested in pursuing the minor should adjust their course scheduling accordingly.