Academic Building, HC135
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
The Department of Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies offers courses and programs of study that explore important and enduring questions of meaning—questions that human beings throughout the centuries and in every culture have asked. We propose that a student cannot call himself or herself educated without having wrestled honestly with these critical questions. Therefore, we invite you the student, who is studying at Sacred Heart University in order to receive a liberal education, not only to take your core courses in Philosophy, Theology and Religious Studies with an open and critical mind, but to take a look at our major, minor, concentration, and study abroad programs. Our department is also home to two of our new Great Challenges Minors. Any of our faculty will be happy to talk to you about these opportunities.
Latest Department News
- Flickr: Congratulations to Dr. Brian Stiltner who is celebrating 15 years of service here at SHU
- Flickr: Photogallery from the Ethics Bowl
- Huffington Post: The Future of Higher Education: Rose Bowl or Ethics Bowl
- SHU Hosts Northeast Regional Ethics Bowl
- Professor Richard Grigg Publishes Eighth Book
- CNN: Are there dangers in being 'spiritual but not religious'?