- Students in the Theatre Arts Program may earn up to $3,000 credit toward tuition
- Work with professionals from the theatrical industry
- Perform, direct, write and design on stage
- Gain experience in multiple areas of theatre
- Develop professional theatre contacts through TAP Master Artists and guests throughout the school year
- Build confidence, self-esteem and your theatrical resume
- In April 2010, the Theatre Arts Program produced their first mainstage event, the Tony Award winning musical, Rent. After months of hard work, the show opened to the public. Over 2,000 audience members were entranced by the captivating performances of the talented cast. After rave reviews from the public, as well as the Sacred Heart community, Rent was awarded "Event of the Year" during the Campus Life Leadership Awards.
- TAP celebrated Sacred Heart University's 50th Anniversary with “Chicago the Musical,” which showcased the biggest cast TAP cast to date.
- Students are given the opportunity, within The Little Theatre, a 60-seat black box style theatre, to create their own work whether their interest is script writing, acting, directing or technical work. The annual TheatreFest is an opportunity for TAP students to try any role within the theatre.
- Typically only one show becomes fully produced in TheatreFest. However, for the first time in 2014, two TheatreFest scripts were transformed into full productions in the Little Theatre, complete with lights, costumes, a full set and sound effects.
- In 2014, The Awkward Handshakes, our Improv Troupe, traveled to Vassar College to compete with other college Improv Groups.
For more information, download the Theatre Arts Program handbook or contact the director:
Executive Director of the Edgerton for the Performing Arts