The math major is an experience that will empower one with the ability to calculate, comprehend, and prove mathematical concepts by empowering the individual with a robust analytical skill set. While mathematically maturing, a student will become competent in a wide range of areas such as algebra, probability, and analysis. In addition, a student will attain the ability to communicate ideas from these topics to diverse audiences. This major will exercise the mind by refining critical thinking and logic skills which are invaluable across a broad spectrum of specialties including law, medicine, policy and research.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Understand and perform advanced calculations
- Understand abstract mathematical ideas and language
- Ability to write rigorous mathematical proofs
- Ability to present mathematics in a formal setting
- Perform mathematical research at the undergraduate level