Julianna Stockton, Ph.D.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., Columbia University (2010)
- M.Phil., Columbia University (2009)
- M.A., Teachers College, Columbia University (2007)
- B.S., Franklin W. Olin College of Engineering (2006).
- Mathematics for Elementary School Teachers
- Elementary Statistics with Business Applications
- Calculus I, II,& III
- Linear Algebra
- Mathematical Structures & Proofs
- History of Mathematics
- First Year Seminar
- Art of Thinking
Research Interests & Grants
- University Research and Creativity Grant (URCG) from SHU for project “Teachers’ Advanced Mathematics Knowledge: Understanding What Transforms the Elementary, Middle, and Secondary Teaching of Mathematics”; Summer 2012.
- NSF site-tester and trainee stipends for work on “Teaching Discrete Mathematics via Primary Historical Sources” project out of NMSU; 2010-2012.
- Foreign Language Area Studies (FLAS) Grant for studying Hungarian language and history; 2008-2009.
Research interests include undergraduate mathematics education, the mathematical preparation of teachers, international comparative mathematics education, the history of mathematics, and women in mathematics, science, and engineering.
Grants received include:
Honors, Awards & Fellowship
- Project NExT Fellowship – Mathematical Association of America; 2011-2012.
- Eugene W. Hellmich Math Scholarship – Teachers College, Columbia University; 2008.
- Franklin W. Olin Scholar – Olin College of Engineering; 2002-2006.
- Olin Partner – Olin College of Engineering; 2001-2002.