Jason Molitierno, Ph.D.
Dr. Jason Molitierno, known as “Dr. M.” to his students, has taught at Sacred Heart University since 2001. His main passion is teaching and he enjoys teaching a variety of courses to both majors and non-majors. He is also active in research, having published several papers in the field of matrix graph theory. In 2012, his book “Applications of Combinatorial Matrix Theory to Laplacian Matrices of Graphs” was published by CRC Press. Dr. Molitierno is also very active in the Mathematical Association of America (MAA) and acts as the department liaison. He served as Chair of the Northeastern Section of the MAA from 2007 to 2009, and now serves as the Section NExT Coordinator which is a program for new faculty in the Section. An avid Yankees fan, Dr. Molitierno has attended three World Series games and has a cat named Jeter.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D, University of Connecticut (2001)
- MS, University of Connecticut (1999)
- BA, Connecticut College (1996)
- Modern College Mathematics
- Business Statistics
- Calculus I, Calculus II, Calculus III
- Linear Algebra
- Differential Equations
- Probability & Statistics I
- Real Analysis
- Graph Theory
Research Interests & Grants
- Matrix Theory and its Applications to Graph Theory