Hema Gopalakrishnan, Ph.D.
Dr. Hema Gopalakrishnan has been teaching mathematics at Sacred Heart University since 2000. Dr. Gopalakrishnan enjoys teaching a variety of mathematics courses including abstract algebra, calculus, graph theory, number theory, and statistics. Her scholarly publications are in the fields of abstract algebra, and the teaching of undergraduate mathematics. She is a founding member of the “Fairfield County Math Teachers’ Circle” (FCMTC) which is a collaboration between university professors and middle school mathematics teachers in Fairfield County. The goal of FCMTC is to provide high quality professional development for teachers with a focus on problem-solving. She is also a member of the Mathematical Association of America.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph. D. University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee
- M.S. Marquette University
- M.Sc, B.Sc, Bombay University
- Modern College mathematics for liberal arts majors
- Precalculus, Calculus
- Linear Algebra
- Statistics for Decision Making
- Classes that involve writing mathematical proofs such as graph theory, number theory and abstract algebra
Teaches a variety of Freshman to Senior level mathematics classes.
Classes taught include:
Also serves as a mentor for mathematics major students for their senior project.