Thomas Curran, Ph.D.
Prior to coming to Sacred Heart in 1986, he taught at the U.S. Merchant Marine Academy (King's Point), Fordham University, and Lehman College (CUNY). Dr. Curran is a member of the American Historical Association, the Association for Asian Studies, the History of Education Society, and Phi Alpha Theta.
Degrees and Certifications
- BA from the University of Delaware(1974)
- MA, MPhil, and PhD degrees from Columbia University (1978, '80, and '86)
Chinese and Japanese history and culture and the history of the Vietnam War
Research Interests & Grants
Early 20th century Chinese educational and social history
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- Faculty Scholarship Award, Sacred Heart University, 2006
- Faculty Scholarship Award, Sacred Heart University, 1993
- Teaching Excellence and Campus Leadership Award, Sacred Heart University, 1992