The Department of History offers all history majors, minors, and any student interests in history the opportunity to get involved in special activities. This club offers the chance to watch videos together, go on field trips to local historical sites and museums, and sponsor special lectures.
If you are interested in joining the club, contact one of these officers for more information:
History Club Officers 2014-2015:
- Jennifer Radatovich, President, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emily Rau, Vice President, Raue@sacredheart.edu
- Megan Marcucci, Secretary, email@example.com
- Danielle Childers, Retention Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Melanie Holec, Treasurer, email@example.com
- Dr. Julie Mujic, Advisor, firstname.lastname@example.org
Phi Iota and Phi Alpha Theta
Sacred Heart University offers students the opportunity of getting involved through the history honors society Phi Alpha Theta. The local chapter at SHU is called Phi Iota. With 740 chapters in 50 states, Phi Alpha Theta is an exclusive honors society for history majors and minors who have completed a required 12 hours in history and have maintained a grade point average of at least 3.1 on a 4.0 scale. Each year we induct new members into the organization. Some years we have gone as a group to the regional academic conferences where students have had a chance to present papers. It was chartered in 1974.