3 + 3 Bachelor's & J.D. Program with Seton Hall University Law School
If chosen for this 3+3 select academic program, a student can earn a Bachelor’s degree and Juris Doctor by completing all required credits for their degree program at Sacred Heart University within 3 years (90 credits). The balance of their undergraduate credits (30 credits) will be completed during their first year of law school at Seton Hall University.
Participating programs within the College of Arts and Sciences:
- Criminal Justice
- Global Studies
- Political Science
- Theology/Religious Studies
Eligibility & Admissions Requirements
Qualified high school seniors and high school graduates enrolling as first-time, full-time Sacred Heart students may apply to the Accelerated (3+3) program. The criteria for initial admission to the Program are:
- High school grade point average of 3.50 or top 10% overall rank.
- Letters of recommendation from high school teachers or guidance counselors.
- Demonstrated rigorous high school curriculum as evidenced by AP, IB, and/or Honors level coursework.
- Evidence of breadth and depth of focus as shown by participation and leadership in school and/or community activities.
- Minimum SAT composite score of 1300 with each of 2 section scores not less than 650.
- As a test-optional institution, Sacred Heart will consider SAT scores for applicants who submit, however, SAT scores are not required. Students who do not submit SAT scores can be provisionally admitted to this program. These students have to maintain a minimum Sacred Heart cumulative GPA of 3.5 at the end of each year to continue in the program.
- Personal interview with Sacred Heart Admissions.
Students are required to:
- Follow the requirements of their declared Sacred Heart major.
- Meet the minimum cumulative GPA standard of 3.25 at the end of the Freshman year, and 3.50 at the end of each year.
- Maintain good social standing while enrolled at Sacred Heart.
- Take the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) by October of their third year of undergraduate education and score in the 75th percentile or higher.
- Earn a letter grade of C or higher in all courses that will satisfy the BS or BA requirements during their first year of legal study at SHSL
- Sacred Heart students admitted to the joint program meeting the LSAT and GPA requirements will automatically be considered for the Seton Hall Law School “Presidential” Scholarship.
Sacred Heart Faculty Advisors will assist admitted students to insure program requirements are met. SHLS admissions will be responsible for final review and evaluation prior to entry into the JD degree program. Admitted students who fail to meet program requirements may still be considered for regular admission to SHLS.
Tuition for the duration of the program spent at Sacred Heart, including summer courses, if any, shall be the same tuition charged to students in other Sacred Heart programs. Tuition will not be charged by Sacred Heart for the fourth year of the 3+3 program. Tuition during the 3 years of study at SHLS will be the same as the tuition charged to students enrolled in the regular curriculum at SHLS.