Global Studies Learning Outcomes
- Identify, explain, evaluate, and synthesize multiple disciplinary perspectives when exploring global challenges.
- Understand contemporary global problems within their historical, political, cultural, geographical and economic contexts.
- Analyze the differential effects of political and economic organizations in addressing complex problems in the human and natural worlds.
- Develop cultural competency through comparative analysis of two or more cultures historically or in contemporary contexts to demonstrate awareness of varied cultures and worldviews.
- Demonstrate knowledge of world geography and conditions in relation to current events and evaluates the ways that human actions influence the natural and human world.
- Explain and analyze the ethical, social, and environmental consequences of global systems and identify a range of actions informed by one’s sense of personal and civic responsibility.
- Develop and articulate solutions to global problems through critical thinking, analysis, oral, and written communication.