Gary L. Rose, Ph.D.
Dr. Gary L. Rose, is Professor and Chair in the Department of Government, Politics and Global Studies at Sacred Heart University in Fairfield, CT. A political science professor for 38 years, Professor Rose specializes in the field of American politics. In addition to his teaching, Professor Rose has published eleven books on various subjects, including Connecticut government, the American presidency, constitutional law, and presidential elections. A widely quoted political commentator and scholar, Professor Rose frequently provides political analysis for local, state and national media. He is currently working on a extensive project which tracks the development and politics associated with the 2016 presidential election. His current talk is entitled “The 2014 Election: What Happened and What Does It Mean for 2016”
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. from Miami University (Ohio) in 1982
Research Interests & Grants
His teaching and research interests include American Politics, American Presidency, Presidential Elections, Constitutional Law, State and Local Government, and Political Parties.
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- In 2011, Professor Rose was named “The Connecticut Professor of the Year” by the Carnegie Foundation for the Advancement of Teaching and the Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE)
- Sacred Heart University Student Government “Those Who Make a Difference Award,” 2003
- Marion Calabrese Outstanding Faculty Award, 1996, 2000
- Sacred Heart University Faculty Scholarship Award, 1993, 1998
- Student-Athlete Council “Faculty Person of the Year Award,” 1997
- Exxon Award for Excellence, 1985 (in recognition of coaching SHU Debating Society)