Learning Outcomes for Department of Foreign Languages and Cultures
- The student demonstrates the appropriate level of proficiency and communicative competence in reading, writing, listening, and speaking the foreign language.
- The student demonstrates a familiarity with the culture or cultures associated with the foreign language.
- The student demonstrates the ability to think critically about the foreign language, literature, and culture or cultures.
- Ines Cenatiempo '10 (Spanish major) works in the U.S. Attorney's Office in New Haven, CT. She is now the Victim Assistance Specialist for the district. In her current role, Ms. Cenatiempo oversees the Victim-Witness Unit of the U.S. Attorney's Office and is the first point of contact for federal crime victims.
- Alison Hoag '16 (Spanish major) is currently participating in an Education Internship in Darien. “I could truly not be more pleased with my experience...at Sacred Heart. I felt that I always had guidance and was constantly surrounded by people who cared about both my academic experience and overall experience at SHU! I have gained tremendous mentors within this department who inspire me to be the best teacher I can be!”
- Alexia Pappalardo '16, recipient of a Certificate in Advanced Language Study (Italian), is currently studying law at the Western New England School of Law.