- If you have never studied Italian before, or if you have not had any experience in the language (formal study, study abroad, experience speaking the language with your family, etc.) within the past five years, you do not need to take the placement exam.
- The placement exam should be taken by the deadline indicated. Failure to meet this deadline may cause enrollment in language courses to be delayed.
- If you have any questions, please e-mail Dr. Claire Marrone, Coordinator of French & Italian at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please read all of the instructions below before you take the exam.
- The exam should take approximately 20-30 minutes
- To access the online exam, in your internet browser, go to:
- Once you have completed the exam, enter your score on the Information Sheet and complete all other information requested. An incomplete Information Sheet will delay your placement. Once you hit submit, your Information Sheet will be automatically emailed to Dr. Claire Marrone. If you have any questions, please contact Dr. Marrone. In submitting this information, you attest that you took the placement exam without anyone’s assistance and put forth your best effort. You also attest that you did not use any dictionaries, textbooks, or other notes in taking the placement exam.
- Please be advised that your placement exam score does not necessarily correspond to your placement into Sacred Heart University courses. Placement will ultimately be determined by the department. Incoming Freshmen will be informed of placement at Freshman Orientation. Freshmen and upperclassmen may also be contacted by a language representative or coordinator.