Academic Building, HC 219
5151 Park Avenue
Fairfield, CT 06825
Impact Crime and Justice in Today’s Society
Gain a deeper understanding of the criminal justice system as your learn to analyze, approach and resolve key issues within our society.
Earn Your Master of Arts in Criminal Justice
Criminal justice is not a stopgap, short-term measure. Instead, it requires a keen understanding of systems and practices, and a focus on prevention.
Whether you are already employed in the field or will be entering into criminal justice for the first time, you will enhance your opportunities with this criminal justice degree by:
- Studying situations, programs and policies
- Learning to convey conclusions and evaluations in a comprehensible manner
- Gaining the hands-on experience needed to obtain advanced professional positions
Learn by experience through on-site internships.
Apply your knowledge in a practical environment. Earn credits as you observe and assist in the everyday operations of a criminal justice agency.
Enhance your expertise with a Student Thesis Proposal.
Help advance the field of criminal justice – and prepare for your Ph.D. – through the in-depth study of a topic or problem.
Advance your criminal justice career, and make a bigger impact in the field.
Graduates are prepared to take on advanced professional roles, such as:
- Probation officer
- Victim assistance advocate
- Public safety operations supervisor
- Research/crime analyst
- Corporate security supervisor
- Anti-terrorism consultant
“The program prepared me for my current assignment, making me more proficient and giving me credibility as an administrator.”
– Jim Viadero, ’09, Captain, Bridgeport Police Department
Additional Program Benefits
- Comprehensive curriculum that covers critical and timely issues such as victimology, capital punishment, criminal behavior and the family, emergency management, issues in national security, domestic and international terrorism, and more
- Online and evening course schedules that can be completed on a full-time or part-time basis
- Area of concentration designed based on your interests
- Available Accelerated Bachelor’s-Master’s Degree, a five-year program concluding with a Master of Arts criminal justice degree
- Renowned faculty with diverse field experience
- Life-experience credits available for eligible students
- Alpha Phi Sigma, Gamma Omega Delta chapter, the National Criminal Justice Honor Society for Criminal Justice majors and minors
Influence the future of crime and justice. Apply for your Master’s in Criminal Justice today.