Marlina Slamet, Ph.D.
Marlina Slamet, Ph.D. joined the Sacred Heart University faculty in 1995. Dr. Slamet's teaching focus is introductory physics courses for science majors and students in pre-health profession programs.
Dr. Slamet stood first in the City University of New York-wide doctoral qualifying examination in 1988 and received the University Scholarship and Fellowship Awards from Graduate School and University Center of The City University of New York from 1987 to 1994.
She has been serving as Chair of the Sacred Heart University Poster Session (Undergraduate Research and Creativity) since 2002, and is a member of The American Physical Society, and The American Association of Physics Teachers.
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D. in Physics from Graduate School and University Center of CUNY
- MA in Physics from Brooklyn College of CUNY
- BS in Physics from theUniversity of Indonesia, Jakarta, Indonesia
Research Interests and Grants
Dr. Slamet's research includes Theoretical Condensed Matter Physics, related to the determination of electronic structure in atoms and solids, such as Kohn-Sham Density-Functional Theory, Local-Density Approximation, Quantal Density-Functional Theory (Work Formalism of Harbola and Sahni), Hartree-Fock Theory, and the most recent: Constrained-Search Variational Method using Wave Function Functional.
Publications and Presentations
- Wave- Function Functionals for the Density, M. Slamet, X.-Y. Pan, and V. Sahni, Phys. Rev. A 84, 052504 (2011).
- Wave Function Functional, X.-Y. Pan, M. Slamet, and V. Sahni, Phys. Rev. A 81, 042524 (2010).
- Discretely Acknowledged by Viraht Sahni, Ph.D., for generating the data and plotting the graphs in Volume 2 of his book “Quantal Density Functional Theory”, Springer, September 2008. The book was written for researchers and graduate students in physics and quantum chemistry.
- Local Effective Potential Theory: Non-uniqueness of Potential and Wave function, V. Sahni, M. Slamet, and X.-Y. Pan, Journal of Chemical Physics 126, 204106 (2007).
- Quantal Density Functional Theory: Wave Function Arbitrariness of the Noninteracting Fermion Model, V. Sahni and M. Slamet, Int. J. Quantum Chem. 106, 3087-3096 (2006).
- Comparison of High-Profile and Low-Profile Dynamic Outrigger Splints: A Technical Note, G. Austin, M. Slamet, D. Cameron, and N. Austin, J. Hand Therapy 17, No. 3 (2004).
- State Arbitrariness of the Noninteracting Fermion Model in Quantal Density Functional Theory, V. Sahni and M. Slamet, Int. J. Quantum Chem. 100, 858-866 (2004).
- Quantal Density-Functional Theory of Excited States: The State Arbitrariness of the Model Non-interacting System, M. Slamet, R. Singh, and V. Sahni, Phys. Rev. A 68, 042504 (2003).
- Quantal Density Functional Theory of Excited States: Application to an Exactly Solvable Model, M. Slamet and V. Sahni, Int. J. Quantum Chem. 85, 436-448 (2001).
- Quantal Density Functional Theory of Excited States, V. Sahni, L. Massa, R. Singh, and M. Slamet, Phys. Rev. Lett.. 87, No. 11, p. 113002-1 to 113002-4 (2001).
- Electron Correlations in Kohn-Sham Exchange-Only Theory, V. Sahni and M. Slamet, Int. J. Quantum Chem. 71, 473 (1999).
- Coulomb Holes and Correlation Potentials in the Helium Atom, M. Slamet and V. Sahni, Phys. Rev. A 51, 2815 (1995).
- Force Field and Potential due to the Fermi-Coulomb Hole Charge for Non-spherical Density Atoms, M. Slamet, V. Sahni, and M.K. Harbola, Phys. Rev. A 49, 809 (1994).
- Interpretation of Electron Correlation in the Local-Density Approximation for Exchange, V. Sahni and M. Slamet, Phys. Rev. B 48, 1910 (1993).
- Atomic Shell Structure in Hartree-Fock Theory, K.D. Sen, M. Slamet, and V. Sahni, Chem. Phys. Lett. 205, 313 (1993). The title of this article has appeared in the physical chemistry textbook written by P. Atkins, Physical Chemistry, W.H. Freeman and Co., New York (1998) as one of the recommended articles to read as a supplement to Chapter 13 entitled “Atomic Structure and Atomic Spectra”.
- The Gradient-Expansion Approximation for Exchange: A Physical Perspective, M. Slamet and V. Sahni, Int. J. Quantum Chem. Symp. 26, 333 (1992).
- Rigorous and Unifying Physical Interpretation of the Exchange Potential and Energy in the Local-Density Approximation, M. Slamet and V. Sahni, Phys. Rev. B 45, 4013 (1992).
- Analysis of the Density-Gradient-Expansion Approximation for the Exchange-Correlation Energy of Density-Functional Theory, M. Slamet and V. Sahni, Int. J. Quantum Chem. Symp. 25, 235 (1991).
- Generalized Gradient-Expansion Approximation for the Exchange Energy, M. Slamet and V. Sahni, Phys. Rev. B 44, 10921 (1991) (Rapid Communication).
- Local Exchange-Correlation Potential from the Force Field of the Fermi-Coulomb Hole Charge for Non-symmetric Systems, M.K. Harbola, M. Slamet, and V. Sahni, Phys. Lett. A 157, 60 (1991).