Admission to the MS Chemistry program is offered on a rolling admissions basis. A full-time student can expect to complete the degree requirements in four semesters. A part-time student may require up to three years.
Applicants should have a strong undergraduate record from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor of Science degree in Chemistry or related science. Students without a science background are invited to apply; however, they may need to complete prerequisite coursework before being considered for admission.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions attended must be sent by those institutions to the Office of Graduate Admissions. Sacred Heart University students and alumni may authorize the Office of Graduate Admissions to obtain their official SHU transcripts on their behalf. Contact the Graduate Admissions office for an authorization form. International Applicants may need to have a transcript evaluation completed by World Education Services.
- $60 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- A current resume
- TOEFL or IELTS scores are also needed of you are a non-native speaker of English.
- International applicants must provide a copy of their passport, a sponsor letter, and a bank letter in order to promptly receive an I-20. Please see the .
Assistant Director of Graduate Admissions