Benjamin Alper, Ph.D.
Degrees and Certifications
- Postdoctoral Fellow in Biochemistry, St. Jude Children’s Research Hospital (2012)
- Ph.D. in Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, University of Georgia (2009)
- B.S. in Chemistry, B.A. in Economics, Clemson University (2004)
- CH 341 Biochemistry 1
- CH 342 Biochemistry 2
- CH 343 Biochemistry 1 Lab
- CH 344 Biochemistry 2 Lab
Research Interests and Grants
Cerebral accumulation of plaques made up of neurotoxic amyloid beta peptides is a primary event in Alzheimer's disease pathology. We are developing methods to disrupt amyloid plaque formation, and to promote destruction of neurotoxic amyloid beta peptides.