Use the Biology Graduate School Checklist to keep track of your progress in preparing for graduate school.
- WRITE RESUME!!! See our Sample Biology Resume or visit Career Development’s schedule of resume-writing and other workshops.
- Reflect on what biology careers might interest you and why you want to attend graduate school.
- Meet with Dr. Deschênes, the Biology Graduate Advising Coordinator, to discuss your interest in graduate school.
- Begin establishing relationships with Biology faculty members. Ask Biology faculty members about different areas of graduate study.
- Get involved in Biology faculty research projects.
- Get involved in the SHU chapter of the Beta Beta Beta Honor Society and the Biology Club.
- Apply for summer research fellowships or internships in the Fall; deadlines are usually in December and early Spring.