Jennifer H. Mattei, Ph.D.
Professional Interests, Activities and Affiliations
Upland, wetland, and stream restoration, control of invasive plant species, and the population ecology of economically important species.
Member: IUCN (International Union for the Conservation of Nature) Species Survival Commission Horseshoe Crab Specialist Group.
- Ecological Society of America
- Society for Ecological Restoration
- Coastal & Estuarine Research Federation
- New England Estuarine Research Society
- American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society
Degrees and Certifications
- Ph.D., 1994 Ecology and Evolution, State University of New York at Stony Brook
- M.F.S., 1984 Forest Science, Yale University, School of Forestry and Environmental Studies
- B.S., 1982 Zoology, University of Maryland, College Park
- Post-doctoral Research Associate 1994-1995, Restoration Ecology. Department of Ecology, Evolution, and Natural Resources, Rutgers University
Ecology & Evolution
Honors, Awards & Fellowships
- Women Faculty Mentoring Committee 2011-Present
- Chair, Department of Biology 2002-2009
- Fellow for the Center on Teaching and Leaning 2006-2007
- Faculty Appreciation Award: The Office of Residential Life 2007