Art & Design Learning Outcomes
- Develop an intellectual curiosity and heightened appreciation in and about the arts.
- Demonstrate the principles of visual organization/composition, information hierarchy, symbolic representation, typography, and the construction of meaningful images.
- Demonstrate an understanding of the creative process: problem identification, research, information and inspiration gathering, sketching alternative solutions and execution.
- Creatively communicate ideas visually, verbally, aesthetically, with technical expertise using relevant tools and technologies (traditional, digital and motion modalities).
- Understanding of art history, and recognizing how cultural and social human factor effects design problems.
- Exhibition of thesis work to demonstrate thematic consistency, technical skill and an artist statement that addresses the work for review.