Express Yourself—And Impact the World—Through Art
Give voice to thoughts and feelings through creative, expressive work. Use that work to affect communities and individuals around the world.
Earn your Bachelor of Arts in Art & Design
All students in the Art & Design program take foundational coursework in digital visual communication design and traditional fine arts.
Students must choose from the following concentrations:
- Graphic Design: Study typography, layout, computer graphics, multimedia, motion, web design, illustration, painting and drawing.
- Illustration: Learn several aspects of illustration, including editorial and storyboard art, as well as fantasy and graphic novel art.
- Studio Art: Focus on drawing, painting, figure drawing, methods and materials.
- General Art for Education: Prepare to teach art and design.
Make meaningful real-world connections before you graduate.
Senior Portfolio Night is the highlight of Art & Design students’ academic career. During this formal event, seniors have the opportunity to share their portfolios, conduct both real and practice interviews, and meet and greet guests.
The guest list includes hundreds of people from the University, the public, and the professional art community, including those from some of the nation’s leading design, advertising and marketing agencies. Guests are not identified, and students treat each person who asks to see their portfolio as a possible professional contact.
Turn your passion into a thriving career.
Students who have graduated from Sacred Heart with a B.A. in Art & Design have been hired by:
- Walter Thompson
- Chief Executive Group
- Catapult Marketing
- Forbes Magazine
- Burt’s Bees Baby
- Alcone Marketing Group
- Bon Appétit Magazine
- The National Hockey League
- American Cruise Lines
- Entertainment Weekly
- JetBlue Airways
- Self Magazine
- Elle Magazine
Additional Program Benefits
- Opportunity to participate in the internship program, which places students in professional positions at nationally recognized companies
- Access to digital design laboratory with state-of-the-art computers, audiovisual design studio, and the latest wireless technology, prints, scanners and software
- Five art studios dedicated to work in graphic design, illustration, painting, figure drawing and foundational arts
- Faculty members are professionally active
- Study abroad opportunities are available
- Students may join the Art Club