Consistent with its status as a comprehensive institution of higher learning and its emphasis on a liberal arts foundation, the Catholic intellectual traditions, and professional preparation, students at Sacred Heart will be expected to:
- Read widely and deeply and explore the wealth of human knowledge and accomplishment.
- Develop the skills of analysis and evaluation of arguments and evidence to the extent that they can discern errors and biases, including their own.
- Demonstrate a mastery of the methods of an academic discipline and an interdisciplinary perspective for real-world problem solving and in full recognition of the standards and practices of their chosen profession.
- Achieve clarity and confidence and an awareness of audience in written and oral communication across appropriate technologies.
- Exercise finely honed and independent aesthetic judgments and understand how curiosity, imagination, and creativity contribute to a meaningful and happy life.
- Appreciate the importance of family and faith, while developing a genuine empathy and respect for other people and the diversity of cultures.
- Act in a manner informed by ethical reasoning and civic and global responsibility.